Principal - Rider Growth
Via is re-engineering public transit, from a regulated system of rigid routes and schedules to a fully dynamic, on-demand network. Via’s mobile app connects multiple passengers who are headed the same way, allowing riders to seamlessly share a dynamically-routed vehicle. First launched in New York City in September 2013, the Via platform operates in New York City, Chicago, and Washington DC, and in London and Amsterdam through ViaVan, its joint venture with Mercedes-Benz Vans. Via also licenses its revolutionary on-demand transit technology to transportation players globally.
As a Principal - Rider Growth, you will collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team of data scientists, engineers, and marketing specialists to conceptualize, launch, evaluate, and scale growth initiatives designed to grow Via’s user base and increase engagement.
You will work on large and complex data sets to understand user patterns, develop hypotheses and strategies for user engagement and retention, and collaborate with teams across Via to implement experiments.
- Own core growth KPIs (activation, conversion, engagement) in one or several of Via’s consumer markets
- Design innovative engagement tactics and campaigns; oversee creation and implementation of new features, promotions, and online and offline marketing campaigns
- Lead a team of analysts, engineers, and communication specialists to execute initiatives
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams to optimize usability, virality, and engagement of Via’s mobile application
- 4-7 years of experience in growth marketing, product management, or strategy roles
- Independent, enterprising, self-starter who is comfortable taking on a high level of responsibility
- Data-driven, meticulous, and detail-oriented, with a thorough understanding of key growth metrics and statistics
- Strong analytical skills: proficient in SQL, Tableau or equivalent; proficiency in Python or other scripting languages is preferred
- Good communicator who thrives in a collaborative environment
- Bachelor’s degree with a high level of academic achievement
- MBA and/or prior entrepreneurial experience is a plus
Via offers highly competitive compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, a flexible vacation policy, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.