Expansion Principal - Contracts Specialist
Via is hiring an outstanding Expansion Principal - Contracts Specialist to join our Expansion Team in New York City.
We've built revolutionary technology that is changing the way people get around cities. Using Via, a shared ride booked on your phone costs little more than the bus. Via is on-demand transit on a mass scale; it’s smart transportation that’s friendly to our planet. Via's consumer business is currently live in NYC, Chicago, and Washington, DC, and our technology is licensed to cities and transportation providers around the world.
We’re looking for entrepreneurs who are excited to build the future of transit; imaginative thinkers who relish wearing multiple hats and never back down from a challenge. We want people who get things done.
We’re unusually selective in our hiring process. If you have a record of exceptional achievement, take intense pride in your work, and want to join a world-class team, we’d love to talk to you.
- Lead the contracting process with public and private transit partners who are interested in licensing and deploying Via’s on-demand transit technology
- Negotiate with partners to drive positive outcomes on items such as financial and pricing conditions, legal terms, service levels, KPIs, product and service design, and governance
- Meticulously scope out work for all launch expansions, domestically and internationally
- Manage complex customer relationships and enable continuous progress from late stages of sale through early stages of service launch
- Utilize your understanding of Via’s product, service, and business models to negotiate agreements that foster sustainable partnerships and successful launches
- Experienced negotiator: you gracefully deliver tough messages and maintain constructive relationships with customers while driving the best outcomes for Via
- Build rapport easily: you have an easy way with people and listen astutely, picking up on others interests and priorities
- Contracts experience: you have experience managing complex contracting processes, preferably in the SaaS field, and are not afraid to dive into the nitty-gritty details of a complex commercial agreement
- Think like a lawyer (even if you don't have a law degree): you are commercially minded with a very strong attention to detail, and you assess risk in a multi-dimensional way
- A savvy and tactful communicator: you intuitively find the right tone in every situation and feel comfortable working with people from a wide range of backgrounds, ideally in multiple languages
- Organized project manager: you are an organized multi-tasker, excel at stakeholder management, and stick to timelines
- Graduated from a top-tier university and ideally have an MBA, J.D. or other graduate degree
Via offers highly competitive compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, a flexible vacation policy, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.