ViaVan Fleet Manager - Berlin
Via, the world’s leading on-demand shared rides technology developer and provider, and Daimler (Mercedes-Benz), the world’s preeminent automotive company, have launched ViaVan, a joint venture to transform the way people move around cities. ViaVan will launch on-demand shared mobility services in Europe using Via’s revolutionary technology and lead the cooperation to design and build transformative mobility technology with both the Via and Mercedes-Benz Vans teams.
We’re looking for entrepreneurs who are excited to build the future of transit; imaginative thinkers who relish wearing multiple hats and never back down from a challenge. We want people who get things done. We’re unusually selective in our hiring process. If you have a record of exceptional achievement, take intense pride in your work, and want to join a world-class team, we’d love to talk to you.
As Fleet Manager, your core mission will be to supervise daily operations of our Driver Center and vehicle fleet. You will work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment and gain exposure to operations management, logistics, and business development while helping to retain and grow our network of drivers.
- As one of the first ViaVan Berlin employees, help coordinate a successful local launch
- Be the face of the ViaVan Driver Center, developing strong relationships with and providing general support to team members, drivers, and external vendors
- Manage day-to-day logistics of the Driver Center, keeping our space stocked & productive and fostering a collaborative, cohesive, and energetic office environment
- Play a pivotal role in driver registration, training, and issue resolution, offering an exceptional experience during all interactions with ViaVan
- Ensure our vehicle fleet is running smoothly by developing effective operational processes and managing internal and external resources
- Prioritize operational issues as a real-time point of contact and provide creative solutions
- Ensure operational excellence, customer satisfaction, and an unbelievable product every day
- Independent self-starter; you enjoy working as part of a small team and are excited to help build ViaVan Berlin from the ground up
- Effective at managing multiple tasks simultaneously and comfortable taking on responsibility
- Meticulous and vigilant, with a high level of attention to detail
- Problem solver; you don’t accept the status quo and are always looking for creative solutions
- A natural leader and people manager; you engage people to drive projects to success
- Skilled at communicating professionally with customers and drivers from a broad range of backgrounds
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree and at least 2 years of experience in a similar management role
- Are excited by start-up culture, workspace, and development
- Fluent in both German and English
ViaVan offers highly competitive compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, a flexible vacation policy, and relocation assistance.
The Via-Daimler joint venture is an equal opportunity employer.