ViaVan Logistics Associate - Berlin
Via, the world’s leading on-demand shared rides technology developer and provider, and Daimler (Mercedes-Benz), the world’s preeminent automotive company, have launched ViaVan, a joint venture to transform the way people move around cities. ViaVan will launch on-demand shared mobility services in Europe using Via’s revolutionary technology and lead the cooperation to design and build transformative mobility technology with both the Via and Mercedes-Benz Vans teams.
We’re looking for entrepreneurs who are excited to build the future of transit; imaginative thinkers who relish wearing multiple hats and never back down from a challenge. We want people who get things done. We’re unusually selective in our hiring process. If you have a record of exceptional achievement, take intense pride in your work, and want to join a world-class team, we’d love to talk to you.
As a Logistics Associate, you will have the opportunity to gain broad exposure to entrepreneurship, logistics, operations and fleet management, and product and business development. You will work directly with our senior team in Berlin as we launch our service in this key market.
- As one of the first ViaVan Berlin employees, help coordinate a successful expansion launch
- Manage the day-to-day logistics in the ViaVan Berlin field offices, coordinating the vehicle fleet management, maintenance and logistics
- Serve as point of contact for drivers; preempt and respond to operational issues
- Contribute to product development, both internal and driver-facing
- Generate leads, acquire contacts, and develop relationships with potential business partners
- Utilize proprietary technology to monitor ViaVan’s operation in real time and ensure its smooth execution
- Effective at managing multiple tasks simultaneously and comfortable taking on responsibility
- Meticulous and vigilant, with a high level of attention to detail
- Independent self-starter; you enjoy working as part of a small team and are excited to help build ViaVan Berlin from the ground up
- Problem solver; you don’t accept the status quo and are always looking for creative solutions
- Excellent communicator with a knack for always finding the right tone
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree from a top-tier university and a record of exceptional academic achievement (minimum GPA of 3.5/4.0 or equivalent)
- Demonstrated record of entrepreneurial achievement and/or leadership a plus
- Fluent in German and English
ViaVan offers highly competitive compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, a flexible vacation policy, and relocation assistance.
The Via-Daimler joint venture is an equal opportunity employer.