Director of Policy & Government Affairs
As Director of Policy & Government Affairs, you will work with the VP of Policy & Government Affairs to develop and execute an impactful and comprehensive government relations and “thought leadership” strategy as we expand to new cities and become an internationally recognized brand.
- Proactively initiate and cultivate relationships with local, state, and federal policymakers and their staffs, ensuring Via’s policy stances are known
- Draft official written material: op-eds, blog posts, policy proposals, comments on regulations, formal correspondence, etc.
- Effectively represent Via and Via’s vision for the improvement of cities to the broader political and policy community
- Manage public policy firm and consultant engagements on targeted projects
- Work effectively within formal and informal industry coalitions, and otherwise develop industry contacts, to advance areas of common interest
- Represent the company at policy conferences and other forums
- A strategic thinker and day-to-day executor who can juggle several issues at once; you’re able to effectively consider and solve both long and short-term problems
- Execution-oriented; a self-starter who takes action and achieves tangible results
- A natural at public affairs; an excellent communicator with demonstrated writing, editing, and speaking skills
- You thrive in fast-paced environments and feel comfortable with a high level of responsibility
- You have a strong ability to articulate strategic objectives and have a deep knowledge of government and politics;
- In policy or geographic areas that are new to you, you can quickly get up to speed, identify the key issues, and quickly develop and execute a strategy;
- Have extensive experience managing relationships with a broad spectrum of stakeholders
- Have significant experience in government, policy, and political affairs
Via offers highly competitive compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, a flexible vacation policy, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.