As a Data Engineer, you’ll help design and implement our mission-critical data pipeline and warehousing solution that seamlessly enables mass-scale, highly complex and data intensive operational service alongside cutting-edge algorithmic and analytics research for our full-scale, global ride-sharing service.
- Defining and implementing effective data scaling infrastructure solutions based on best-in-class standard tools
- Driving speed, simplicity and robustness in production deployments.
- Implementing data-rich system components at the core of system scaling.
- Designing the ETL procedures to transform the concepts you design into reality.
- Have 2 years of experience as a data/software engineer developing production quality software
- Have a strong track-record of building, launching, and interacting with data pipelines at scale in both a streaming and batch fashion
- Have experience deploying solutions on cloud-based platforms
- Are proficient in Python, SQL, and other scripting languages
- Concise: you get stuff done, in a simple, elegant way
- Fast learner: you can quickly master concepts, disciplines and methods
- Team worker: you understand the goals of the team and work towards them
- Pragmatic: you hear about a difficult problem and are able to transform it into a simple one (or more) that you can easily solve
Via offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.