Compliance Associate (Principal)
As the Compliance Associate (Principal), you will supervise daily regulatory and compliance operations while driving continuous improvement and growth of our service. This unique and newly created role will manage and own the compliance function at Via. It will report directly into the Legal Department but will be tightly integrated with the Operations Team.
- Tirelessly work to scale regulatory operational processes and systems to drive rapid growth.Develop, implement and manage a detailed system for maintaining Via’s compliance with state and local laws, including requirements of Transportation Network Carrier (TNC) regulators and the Taxi and Limousine Commission in New York.
- Oversee Via’s internal compliance system for ensuring that driver partners have current and up-to-date insurance, vehicle licenses, driver’s licenses and registration.
- Respond to subpoenas and requests for records from state, local and private entities.
- Liaise with our background check vendor to oversee background check screening and ensure compliance with applicable state and federal laws, including EEOC.
- Create and manage system for filing, tracking and processing insurance claims.
- Thrive in fast-paced environments, troubleshooting issues in real-time and overseeing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- A great executor: you are detail-oriented and get the job done.
- Comfortable with new technology: you adapt quickly and can easily learn to use new systems.
- An exceptional team player: people love working with you and for you. You are especially adept at working in a cross-functional way to manage projects across teams.
- An independent self-starter: you enjoy working as part of a small team.
- Exceptional prior academic and professional experience.
- Background in legal, compliance, risk, regulatory, insurance or government affairs would be helpful.
- Approximately 3-5 years experience in a relevant field.
- Top tier academic credentials.
Candidates with more experience may be considered for a principal-level role, depending on seniority.
Via offers highly competitive compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, a flexible vacation policy, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.