Vice President of Business Development
As Vice President of Business Development, you’ll combine your superior commercial instincts, communications skills, and analytical abilities to catalyze the growth of Via’s licensing business on a global scale.
- Lead acquisition of licensing partnerships across multiple verticals -- including public transit, taxi fleets, and logistics/delivery operators -- in a particular region (or regions), i.e. Latin America, East Asia, Africa etc.
- Identify and develop sales opportunities by forging relationships with stakeholders across the mobility ecosystem through strategic outreach and regular travel
- Drive deal flow by drafting compelling proposals and negotiating and finalizing agreements; work cross-functionally with colleagues on the Finance, Legal, and Technology teams to execute contracts
- Educate potential clients through thought leadership; regularly speak at high-profile events around the world and write opinion pieces and position papers
- Inform the ongoing refinement of Via’s licensing solution by gleaning insights from the market; unlock revenue opportunities by suggesting attractive new product features
- Work with Via’s senior management to formulate and refine our go-to-market strategy
- 10+ years in a business development leadership role and a proven track record of generating new business, preferably with extensive international experience (exceptional candidates with slightly less experience will be considered for a Director level role)
- You’re a business diplomat: you use your world-class communications skills to persuade people to embrace your perspective, instinctively reframing your narrative for each audience while balancing tact and assertiveness
- Have superb commercial intuition and exceptional judgement -- you know when to push and when to yield in order to maximize the value of a potential deal
- Are passionate and relentless about growth; you’re not deterred by setbacks and enjoy the process of building high-value relationships over time
- Ideally possess relevant language skills in Mandarin, Spanish, French, or Russian (desirable but not required)
- BA from a top school; MA/MBA strongly preferred
Via offers highly competitive compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, a flexible vacation policy, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.