Public Relations Principal
As Via’s Public Relations Principal, you will leverage existing contacts and develop new media relationships to drive strategic consumer coverage of Via.
- Grow awareness of the Via brand by proactively pitching to broadcast, print, and online outlets; secure placements with media, bloggers, and influencers in multiple sectors, including fashion, lifestyle, and tech
- Craft a variety of written materials, including news pitches and press releases
- Build and maintain key local and national press relationships
- Create strategic PR plans and generate creative and newsworthy campaigns and storylines to secure a continuous stream of coverage
- Identify and partner with influencers in existing and new Via markets to develop a brand ambassador network
- Work alongside external agencies and vendors to supplement our core PR strategy
- Detail-oriented and thorough; able to effectively juggle multiple tasks/projects at once in a fast-paced work environment
- A savvy and tactful communicator with experience managing complex business relationships; you intuitively find the right tone and feel comfortable working with people from a wide range of backgrounds
- A gifted writer who excels at creative storytelling: people often tell you how much they enjoy your writing
- Excellent at building relationships and enjoy both meeting new people and developing existing connections
- Have 3-5 years of hands-on public relations experience in the consumer space and a proven track record of creating and executing successful PR campaigns
- Have a Bachelors Degree from a top-tier university and a record of exceptional academic achievement (minimum GPA of 3.5/4.0)
Via offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, a flexible vacation policy, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.