Fall Strategic Marketing and Business Development Intern
As a Strategic Marketing and Business Development Intern, you will play an integral role in Via’s new rider acquisition efforts in New York City through partnerships and experiential marketing. You will work closely with the rider acquisition team and report to the New York City Field Marketing Director. The Strategic Marketing and Business Development Intern will be assisting with Via activations at outdoor events throughout the city and establishing partnerships and relationships with various organizations and businesses.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist with daily operational performance of Via’s Brand Ambassador Program at events and field activations throughout New York City.
- Drive execution of co-marketing campaigns with strategic partners in NYC (e.g. bars, organizations, restaurants, etc)
- Establish relationships with students and influential partners across NYC’s college campuses
- Optimize cost per new user acquisition by implementing creative strategies to increase signup rates
- Work closely with acquisition team on new/seasonal marketing initiatives
- An independent self-starter and leader: you thrive in fast-paced environments and feel comfortable with a high level of responsibility and ambiguity. You will be responsible for leading and providing guidance to a network of many brand ambassadors. You must be comfortable as a leader and role model to others.
- Strong project and relationship manager - you will spend a much time interfacing with external partners, brand ambassadors, and event managers
- Excellent written and verbal communication; whether in customer conversations, product presentations, or written proposals, you always strike the right tone and communicate clearly and persuasively
- Passionate and relentless about growth; you’re not deterred by setbacks and enjoy the process of building high-value relationships over time
- Detail-oriented and thorough; able to effectively juggle multiple tasks/projects at once in a highly fluid work environment
- Organized and independent; you’re both an individual contributor and a team player
- Comfortable traveling around Manhattan, Brooklyn, and Queens
- Currently in sophomore, junior, or senior year in college
- Previous positions in leadership or management
- Previous Brand Ambassador/ representative experience
- Must be able to lift 20 lbs
Via offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.