Legal Operations Associate
Via is looking for an exceptionally smart and motivated non-lawyer to join its legal team as we look to rapidly grow our business domestically and internationally and prepare to launch new cities around the world. This is a unique opportunity for someone potentially interested in a legal career down the line to get hands-on exposure to all aspects of legal work at a fast-growing startup.
As Legal Operations Associate, you will be working closely with a small team of highly dedicated and dynamic lawyers who are graduates of the country’s top law schools and alums of elite law firms. You will be fully integrated into the legal team, and your experience will be much more substantive and varied than it likely would be as a paralegal at a large law firm.
- Support legal department with broad array of compliance matters, including applying for, organizing and renewing regulatory permits and licenses in the US and internationally as Via rapidly expands its operations to new cities around the world.
- Correspond with regulatory agencies, lobbyists, outside legal counsel, and internal stakeholders regarding various compliance matters.
- Monitor and respond to subpoenas and requests for information from third parties and regulators.
- Develop working knowledge of internal databases and systems in order to pull and extract insights from data in making business decisions.
- Oversee compliance audits and coordinate related activities across organization.
- Prepare and review common contracts, e.g. NDAs, SaaS licenses, engagement letters, etc., and maintain the company’s forms and guideline documents.
- Manage and maintain the company’s contract database.
- Manage insurance claims, corresponding with insurance carriers and brokers as needed.
- Provide administrative support and assist with special projects, as assigned.
- Implement the company’s billing guidelines and coordinate with outside counsel.
- Meticulous and vigilant, with a keen attention to detail.
- Willing to wear multiple hats and work on projects of all types, big and small.
- High-energy and enjoy working autonomously.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Interested in the changing regulatory landscape of the on-demand transportation industry.
- Excited by start-up culture, workspace, and development.
- A positive can-do attitude, good judgment, and the ability to effectively manage competing priorities.
- Strong organizational and communication skills and an eagerness to help others.
- 4-year degree from a top-tier university - this is a non-attorney role, though recent college graduates interested in attending law school in the future are encouraged to apply.
- 1-2 years professional work (or work-study) experience (preferably with startups) preferred but not required. An analytical mindset is necessary, although prior legal experience is not.
- Experience with analytical tools such as Tableau is a plus.
Via offers highly competitive compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, a flexible vacation policy, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.