Transportation Finance Strategist
As Transportation Finance Strategist, you will identify global opportunities to purchase private transit operators that contract with local government, coordinate the acquisition process from valuation to closing, and support the integration of Via’s on-demand transit technology into their operations.
- Develop a methodology for identifying transit operators around the world that Via should approach as acquisition targets; manage network of investment bankers, business brokers, and other industry insiders to fill deal pipeline.
- Lead the engagement process, including initiating conversations with the key decision-makers, facilitating discussions with stakeholders at Via, applying best valuation practices from the private equity industry, running comprehensive due diligence, and overseeing negotiations and closing.
- Manage internal deal workflows by collaborating closely with relevant teams at Via, including Finance, Legal, Partnerships, and Expansion.
- Facilitate the technology integration process, as needed, by liaising between company management and Via’s Expansion, Technology, and Operations Teams.
- Have spent years in private equity in senior roles and have a successful track record leading across all core deal functions.
- Familiar with the transportation, infrastructure, shipping, and/or logistics industries (preferable).
- Eager to leverage your financial background to innovate in the rapidly growing mobility space.
- Prize autonomy and thrive in fluid, entrepreneurial work environments.
- Passionate about modernizing transit in order to make cities more livable.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, finance, business or a related field (MBA preferred).
Via offers competitive compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.