Business Development Director: Australia / New Zealand
Via is hiring an outstanding Business Development Director to join our Platform Team in Australia or New Zealand.
We've built revolutionary technology that is changing the way people get around cities. Using Via, a shared ride booked on your phone costs little more than the bus. Via is on-demand transit on a mass scale; it’s smart transportation that’s friendly to our planet. Via's consumer business is currently live in NYC, Chicago, and Washington, DC, and our technology is licensed to cities and transportation providers around the world.
We’re looking for entrepreneurs who are excited to build the future of transit; imaginative thinkers who relish wearing multiple hats and never back down from a challenge. We want people who get things done.
We’re unusually selective in our hiring process. If you have a record of exceptional achievement, take intense pride in your work, and want to join a world-class team, we’d love to talk to you.
As Business Development Director, you will be responsible for building a robust portfolio of licensing and Transit-as-a-Service (Taas) partnerships with public transit agencies, municipalities, corporations, universities, and other transportation providers throughout Australia and New Zealand.
- Develop the country-wide go-to-market strategy for Australia and New Zealand
- Be the face of Via, establishing relationships with key players including partners and policymakers
- Identify and develop high-value opportunities for licensing and deploying Via’s technology to public and private organizations
- Manage complex customer relationships from inception through sale
- Catalyze technological change in transportation by evangelizing Via’s vision; you’ll represent Via in a variety of public forums and develop our thought leadership initiatives
- Respond to RFPs and drive the entire submission process
- Ensure operational excellence and customer success for Via’s local partnerships in operation
- Utilize your understanding of the local market to inform the development of Via's product
- An independent self-starter: you thrive in fast-paced environments and feel comfortable with a very high level of responsibility
- A natural entrepreneur: you’re excited to build Via’s business in Australia and New Zealand and shape the strategic direction of our company
- A technophile who’s passionate about startups
- An outstanding business development track record (5+ years), preferably in the SaaS, technology, or consulting fields
- Detail-oriented and thorough; able to effectively juggle multiple tasks/projects at once in a highly fluid work environment
- Organized and independent; you’re both an individual contributor and a team player
- A no-nonsense thinker: you have sound business sense and make data-driven decisions
- An extraordinary communicator and negotiator, you intuitively find the right tone in every situation
- Have an exceptional academic record, including a BA/BS from a top-tier university (advanced-degree holders preferred)
- Location: Australia or New Zealand
Via offers highly competitive compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, a flexible vacation policy, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.