Business Development Associate
As Business Development Associate, you’ll own the top of our deal funnel, identifying commercial opportunities by collecting and analyzing news from across the mobility industry and qualifying -- and pitching -- potential licensing partners.
- Fill our deal funnel by proactively finding cities, public transit agencies, and transit contractors who could benefit from our powerful technology
- Scour the news for trends and events that could have an impact on Via’s business; succinctly synthesize and disseminate findings
- Gain insight into the competition by researching contracts with public entities
- Monitor Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and Requests for Information (RFIs) across multiple verticals for relevant opportunities
- Write nuanced and insightful articles about the mobility space in Via’s newsletter and blog; create high-quality, bespoke reports and presentations
- Passionate about generating and vetting high-quality opportunities – you’re excited about our vision and eager to help evangelize it
- Persistent and resilient; you relish the challenge of taking commercial relationships from zero to one
- Your communication skills are simply outstanding (your professors and/or colleagues have told you so and maybe you’ve even won awards)
- Insatiably curious about technology and its impact on cities in general and transportation in particular; you’re able to digest, analyze, and synthesize copious amounts of information – from a variety of different sources – in a quick and systematic way
- Have at least two years of professional experience in business development, sales, or sales operations (or another relevant field) and hold a degree from a top-tier university with a record of exceptional academic achievement
- Command of Mandarin strongly preferred
Via offers highly competitive compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, a flexible vacation policy, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.