Summer Legal Associate
Via is looking for exceptional individuals to join us as we look to rapidly grow our business in NYC, Chicago and Washington, D.C., expand to new cities in the U.S. and internationally, and expand our Platform business around the world.
As a Summer Legal Associate, you will work closely with our legal team (including our General Counsel and Deputy General Counsel), on substantive legal research and regulatory projects, particularly targeted toward business growth and launch in new markets.
- Conduct research on applicable regulatory regimes in the ridesharing space as Via prepares to launch in new cities and countries; coordinate with local operations teams around the world to demystify local regulations and their implications to the business
- Work with Via’s Growth and Business Development teams and assist with drafting contracts for innovative strategic partnerships and deployments on all continents
- Assist in preparing submissions to the Taxi and Limousine Commission (TLC) and other regulatory agencies; respond to relevant inquiries
- Coordinate with legal counsel and outside vendors to ensure accurate and up-to-date document management and compliance with data privacy policies and applicable law
- Research and track regulatory developments in the transportation and ridesharing industry; track major litigation and summarize key rulings in pending cases
- Research emerging insurance issues, labor law in the sharing economy and information security issues, issues applicable to tech startups generally and the ridesharing space more specifically
- Gain hands-on exposure to all aspects of in-house legal work at a growing startup
- Meticulous and vigilant, with a keen attention to detail
- Outgoing and sociable; willing to wear multiple hats and work on projects of all types
- High-energy and enjoy taking charge
- An outstanding researcher and writer – participation in a law journal is a plus
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills, willing to think outside of the box
- Interested in the changing regulatory landscape of the on-demand transportation industry
- Excited by start-up culture, workspace, and development
- Completion of first or second year of study in top-tier JD program; recent law school graduates also welcome to apply
Commitment: Paid full-time summer internship (10 – 12 weeks). This position is based in New York City.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.