Product Growth Analyst
Via is re-engineering public transit, from a regulated system of rigid routes and schedules to a fully dynamic, on-demand network. Via’s mobile app connects multiple passengers who are headed the same way, allowing riders to seamlessly share a dynamically-routed vehicle. First launched in New York City in September 2013, the Via platform operates in New York City, Chicago, and Washington DC, and in London, Berlin and Amsterdam through ViaVan, its joint venture with Mercedes-Benz Vans. Via also licenses its revolutionary on-demand transit technology to transportation players globally.
As Product Growth Analyst, you will work with your team to monitor Via's usage, investigate trends, and collaborate with colleagues across Via to ask and respond the right questions about our product. Throughout this, you will ensure Via’s high standards of excellence through rigorous skepticism, creative problem solving, and experimentation. Long term, you’ll help Via utilize data for product development, analysis, and hypothesis testing that increase customer engagement.
- Constantly generate ideas and hypotheses to initiate and carry out experiments and iterative tests
- Quantitatively test hypotheses about customer and driver behavior using large sets of proprietary data; leverage results to increase conversion and retention at every touch point
- Adeptly interpret and utilize mass quantities of data to generate innovative hypotheses & insights
- Use sophisticated statistical methods to solve problems, leveraging up-to-date academic research and tools
- Champion our space, understand what competitors are doing and how you can help Via remain top of the game
- Design and implement novel experiments to better understand current operation as well as expansion to new markets
- Consumer and customer centric: put the customer first and have a true passion for understanding customers’ mindset
- Excited about tackling hard, unknown, and challenging questions faced by innovators who attempt things for the first time
- Obsessed with data, metrics-driven, meticulous, and detail-oriented, with a thorough understanding of key growth and engagement metrics and statistics
- Independent, enterprising, self-starter who is comfortable taking on a high level of responsibility
- Good communicator who thrives in a collaborative environment, able to operate at multiple levels and not afraid of new challenges
- Exceptional academic record
- Have a Masters Degree or PhD from a top-tier university (statistics, machine learning, physics, math, systems biology, or highly quantitative fields in social sciences), including 2+ years of graduate-level research experience (or the equivalent)
Via offers highly competitive compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, a flexible vacation policy, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.