Business Development Representative
Via is re-engineering public transit, from a regulated system of rigid routes and schedules to a fully dynamic, on-demand network. Via's mobile app connects multiple passengers who are headed the same way, allowing riders to seamlessly share a premium vehicle. First launched in New York City in September 2013, the Via platform operates in the United States and in Europe through its joint venture with Mercedes-Benz Vans, ViaVan. Via's technology is also deployed worldwide through dozens of partner projects with public transportation agencies, private transit operators, taxi fleets, private companies, and universities, seamlessly integrating with public transit infrastructure to power cutting-edge on-demand mobility. For more information, visit www.ridewithvia.com.
As Business Development Representative, you will support the growth of our Platform business by generating opportunities for our sales team. Through inbound and outbound means, you will prospect potential clients - articulating the value of Via’s on-demand transit solution.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Generate new business leads and relationships via outbound cold calling, emails, pre-existing contacts & research as well as qualifying inbound leads
- Become an expert on Via’s on-demand transit solution and clearly convey its value proposition & capabilities to external parties
- Partner with sales team to secure and manage meetings with potential clients
- Manage your pipeline using our CRM tools and tech stack
- Hit and exceed monthly prospecting goals, consistently staying on top and ahead of KPIs
- 1+ years’ sales/business development experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Detail-oriented and thorough; able to effectively juggle multiple tasks/projects at once in a highly fluid work environment
- An appetite for learning with the ability to receive and implement feedback
- Organized and independent; you’re both an individual contributor and a team player
- Passionate and relentless about growth; you’re not deterred by setbacks and enjoy the process of building relationships over time
- Bachelor's degree with a high-level of academic achievement
- Experience at a startup and/or in the mobility sector a plus
Via offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.