People Operations Associate Principal
Via is re-engineering public transit, from a regulated system of rigid routes and schedules to a fully dynamic, on-demand network. Via’s mobile app connects multiple passengers who are headed the same way, allowing riders to seamlessly share a dynamically-routed vehicle. First launched in New York City in September 2013, the Via platform operates in New York City, Chicago, and Washington DC, and in London and Amsterdam through ViaVan, its joint venture with Mercedes-Benz Vans. Via also licenses its revolutionary on-demand transit technology to transportation players globally.
As a Via People Operations Associate Principal you will support the Via employee population in a variety of Human Resources functions including but not limited to onboarding new hires, supporting continuous employee development, implementing new company policies and maintaining internal HR systems. Ultimately, you will ensure our HR initiatives are cost-effective, run smoothly and contribute to a healthy work environment.
- Contribute towards the achievement of company’s strategic and operational objectives
- Monitor internal HR systems and databases
- Implement and champion company policies
- Implement functional HRMS and internal databases across all departments and locations
- Oversee our payroll and performance evaluation systems
- Review and update our employment contracts and agreements
- Track key HR metrics like cost per hire and retention rates
- Measure the effectiveness of our benefits programs and recommend improvements
- Assist with the recruitment and onboarding of new employees
- Coordinate employee training and development initiatives
- Ensure our record-keeping and data processing procedures comply with GDPR requirements
- 3-7 years’ HR / People Operations experience, preferably with a startup company
- Adequate knowledge of organizational effectiveness and operations management
- Familiarity with business and financial principles and practices
- Strong Knowledge of Excel, Google Calendar and other basic IT skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
- Exceptional multitasking and organizational skills
- Proven work experience in an HR Operations or similar role
- Good knowledge of labor laws
- Experience designing compensation and benefits packages
- Ability to develop clear and fair company policies
- Excellent analytical and decision-making abilities
- Good knowledge of labor legislation
- Experience in designing compensation and benefits programs
- Experience with Human Resources Information Systems including payroll tools
- BS in Human Resources Management or related field; MS is a plus
Via offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, a flexible vacation policy, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.