Via is hiring an outstanding Expansion Principal to join our Platform Team in India.
We've built revolutionary technology that is changing the way people get around cities. Using Via, a shared ride booked on your phone costs little more than the bus. Via is on-demand transit on a mass scale; it’s smart transportation that’s friendly to our planet. Via's consumer business is currently live in NYC, Chicago, Washington, DC, London, and Amsterdam, and our technology is licensed to cities and transportation providers around the world.
We’re looking for entrepreneurs who are excited to build the future of transit; imaginative thinkers who relish wearing multiple hats and never back down from a challenge. We want people who get things done.
We’re unusually selective in our hiring process. If you have a record of exceptional achievement, take intense pride in your work, and want to join a world-class team, we’d love to talk to you.
As Expansion Principal, you will plan and oversee the expansion of Via’s technology throughout India, leading deployments in partnership with public transit agencies, corporations, colleges, and other transportation providers.
- Define, coordinate, and oversee all logistical and technical aspects of launching new partner cities in India, working closely with Via’s local partners as well as our global operations, marketing, and technology development teams
- Manage and develop partner relationships from the close of a new deal through the launch and ongoing execution of service, translating a business agreement into a fully operational on-demand transit system
- Advise partners on all aspects of the service including rider and driver acquisition and product enhancements
- Lead quality assurance and testing efforts for all of our new projects to ensure an exceptional live service from day one, and provide ongoing support as needed to enable and promote project success
- Leverage your understanding of Via’s capabilities to inform the ongoing development of our expansion strategy
- 5+ years' experience in operations, logistics, relationship management or other related fields
- Detail-oriented and thorough; you’re a proactive self-starter who is able to effectively juggle multiple projects in a highly fluid work environment
- A strong executor, you get the job done while keeping the big picture firmly in mind
- A savvy and tactful communicator with experience managing complex business relationships; you intuitively find the right tone and feel comfortable working with people from a wide range of backgrounds
- Enjoy travel and are excited by the dynamic and mobile nature of this position
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree from a top-tier university (MBA a plus) and a record of exceptional academic achievement
Via offers highly competitive compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, a flexible vacation policy, and relocation assistance.