Urban Mobility Strategist
Via is re-engineering public transit, from a regulated system of rigid routes and schedules to a fully dynamic, on-demand network. Via's mobile app connects multiple passengers who are headed the same way, allowing riders to seamlessly share a premium vehicle. First launched in New York City in September 2013, the Via platform operates in the United States and in Europe through its joint venture with Mercedes-Benz Vans, ViaVan. Via's technology is also deployed worldwide through dozens of partner projects with public transportation agencies, private transit operators, taxi fleets, private companies, and universities, seamlessly integrating with public transit infrastructure to power cutting-edge on-demand mobility. For more information, visit www.ridewithvia.com.
As Urban Mobility Strategist, you’ll elevate the prominence of microtransit as a transportation mode by overseeing ambitious evidence-based research projects, sharing new knowledge as an expert evangelist at industry events and through original publications, developing sophisticated commercial proposals using proprietary modeling and planning tools, and managing special transportation consulting projects. This role is based in NYC and reports to the Head of Global Business Development.
- Scope and implement research projects showing how microtransit helps communities achieve desirable policy outcomes by complementing, and in some cases replacing, legacy transportation modes.
- Share findings at conferences and on panels and publish them in transportation and urban planning publications, academic journals, white papers, op-ed’s, and blog posts.
- Systematically monitor goings-on in the mobility space, identify and analyze key issues, and share action-oriented analysis.
- Leverage Via’s advanced tools and extensive best practices to develop compelling responses to solicitations from cities and transit agencies.
- Manage complex transportation consulting projects by working with internal stakeholders -- on the Data Science, Finance, Business Development, Public Policy, and Communications teams -- and vendors, academic researchers, and public sector partners.
- An expert urban design and/or transportation planning professional with multiple years of experience managing transportation design projects and, preferably, a portfolio of published articles.
- A true believer in the social, economic, and environmental benefits of microtransit as a mode; you love challenging the conventional wisdom and don’t shy away from controversy.
- A passion for learning and communicating your discoveries to the broadest possible audience
- Exceptional analytical skills, both qualitative and quantitative; you are also a superb writer (your colleagues have told you so -- maybe you’ve even won awards).
- An advanced degree in urban design, city, and/or transportation planning from a top-tier graduate school (PhD preferred).
Via offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.