Associate Counsel, Legal Affairs
As Associate Counsel, Legal Affairs, you will be the third full-time lawyer to join our dynamic and growing Legal Department. You will work closely with our VP for Legal Affairs and Senior Principal, gaining hands-on exposure to all aspects of in-house legal work at a fast-growing startup.
- Negotiate, draft and revise commercial contracts with our public and private sector partners, including licensing, co-branding and marketing, partnership and inter-company agreements
- Support Via’s growing Platform team in its efforts to license Via’s proprietary software to private and public-sector entities, by preparing responses to RFPs and RFQs and identifying key risk factors
- Work on cutting edge intellectual property (IP) issues, evaluate IP-related risks in commercial contracts and license agreements, help us manage our growing IP portfolio
- Prepare submissions to regulatory agencies; respond to relevant legal, regulatory and compliance inquiries
- Coordinate with outside counsel and vendors to ensure accurate and up-to-date document management and compliance with data privacy and cyber-security policies and applicable law globally
- Work on emerging insurance, regulatory compliance, information security and data privacy issues that are applicable to tech startups generally and the ridesharing space specifically
- Work on legal operations, compliance and business strategy with cross-disciplinary teams from Finance, Business Development, Operations, Growth and Communications
- Meticulous and vigilant, with a keen attention to detail
- Willing to wear multiple hats and work on projects of all types
- High-energy and enjoy working autonomously
- Outstanding researcher and writer
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Interested in the changing regulatory landscape of the on-demand transportation industry
- Excited by start-up culture, workspace, and development
- Interested in becoming more of a generalist than a specialist
- JD from a top tier law school, 2-4 years experience at a top law firm, in-house legal department or a combination of the two
- Experience with startups is a bonus but not required
- Substantive expertise in one of more of the following areas preferred: 1) intellectual property (patent/trademark/trade secret/copyright); 2) public procurement and government contracts; 3) privacy law (US or EU law) and data security; 4) litigation and insurance defense; 5) energy, transportation or land use law or 5) corporate and tech transactions
Via offers highly competitive compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, a flexible vacation policy, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.