Business Development Director
Via is hiring an outstanding Business Development Director to join our Platform Team in India.
We've built revolutionary technology that is changing the way people get around cities. Using Via, a shared ride booked on your phone costs little more than the bus. Via is on-demand transit on a mass scale; it’s smart transportation that’s friendly to our planet. Via's consumer business is currently live in NYC, Chicago, Washington, DC, London, and Amsterdam, and our technology is licensed to cities and transportation providers around the world.
We’re looking for entrepreneurs who are excited to build the future of transit; imaginative thinkers who relish wearing multiple hats and never back down from a challenge. We want people who get things done.
We’re unusually selective in our hiring process. If you have a record of exceptional achievement, take intense pride in your work, and want to join a world-class team, we’d love to talk to you.
As Business Development Director, you will be responsible for building a robust portfolio of partnerships with public transit agencies, municipalities, corporations, universities, and other transportation providers throughout India.
- Develop the country-wide go-to-market strategy for India
- Be the face of Via, establishing relationships with key players including partners and policymakers
- Identify and develop high-value opportunities for licensing and deploying Via’s technology to public and private organizations
- Manage complex customer relationships from inception through sale
- Catalyze technological change in transportation by evangelizing Via’s vision; you’ll represent Via in a variety of public forums and develop our thought leadership initiatives
- Respond to RFPs and drive the entire submission process
- Ensure operational excellence and customer success for Via’s local partnerships in operation
- Utilize your understanding of the local market to inform the development of Via's product
- An outstanding business development track record (5+ years), preferably in the SaaS, technology, or consulting fields
- A business diplomat: you use your world-class communications skills to persuade people to embrace your perspective, instinctively reframing your narrative for each audience while balancing tact and assertiveness
- Have superb commercial intuition and exceptional judgement -- you know when to push and when to yield in order to maximize the value of a potential deal
- Are passionate and relentless about growth; you’re not deterred by setbacks and enjoy the process of building high-value relationships over time
- An independent self-starter: you thrive in fast-paced environments and feel comfortable with a very high level of responsibility
- A natural entrepreneur: you’re excited to build Via’s business in India and shape the strategic direction of our company
- A technophile who’s passionate about startups
- Detail-oriented and thorough; able to effectively juggle multiple tasks/projects at once in a highly fluid work environment
- Organized and independent; you’re both an individual contributor and a team player
- A no-nonsense thinker: you have sound business sense and make data-driven decisions
- Have an exceptional academic record, including a BA/BS from a top-tier university (advanced-degree holders preferred)
Via offers highly competitive compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, a flexible vacation policy, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.