As Payroll Manager, you will support and manage all aspects of the employee payroll process from preparation, records maintenance, and monthly reporting. You will help shape the payroll function of a rapidly expanding organization both domestically and in new international markets.
- Process bi-weekly and semi-monthly payroll for Via’s US subsidiaries. In doing so, work closely with the People Operations team to ensure accurate and timely reflection of payroll changes.
- Liaise with site managers to ensure timely review and approval of hourly employee time sheets. Manage the process of accurate transfer of time sheet information into our payroll systems.
- Work in tandem with our payroll provider to understand tax requirements for new jurisdictions, changes in wage and tax laws, and other regulatory changes that may impact Via payroll. You will be the primary lead in setting up new payroll tax accounts for Via’s expansion cities and states.
- Perform periodic audits of the payroll system data to ensure accuracy of employee pay information. Design and implement process improvements and internal controls to the payroll process.
- Lead all aspects of the monthly financial reporting process as it relates to payroll related items. Produce additional reporting as needed for other internal and external reporting purposes on employee headcount and payroll related information.
- Work closely with Finance, Legal, and People Ops to identify partners, and implement payroll processes and systems for new international markets.
- In performing the above, exercise the highest degree of confidentiality relative to all payroll information and employee privacy initiatives.
- 3-5 years of relevant payroll experience
- Passionate about improving processes and developing innovative solutions
- Proven excellence in developing / revamping internal operations
- Mature, reliable, able to make independent decisions, and to juggle multiple tasks effectively
- Have a strong sense of ownership; you don’t shy away from the details and you’re committed to completing each task with a high degree of accuracy
- Tech savvy, with a strong understanding of the landscape of HRIS systems and proficiency in advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Bachelor’s Degree with a strong academic record.
Via offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, a flexible vacation policy, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.