ViaVan Country Manager - Italy
Via, the world’s leading on-demand shared rides technology developer and provider, and Daimler (Mercedes-Benz), the world’s preeminent automotive company, have launched ViaVan, a joint venture to transform the way people move around cities. ViaVan will launch on-demand shared mobility services in Europe using Via’s revolutionary technology and lead the cooperation to design and build transformative mobility technology with both the Via and Mercedes-Benz Vans teams.
We’re looking for entrepreneurs who are excited to build the future of transit; imaginative thinkers who relish wearing multiple hats and never back down from a challenge. We want people who get things done. We’re unusually selective in our hiring process. If you have a record of exceptional achievement, take intense pride in your work, and want to join a world-class team, we’d love to talk to you.
As Country Manager (Italy), you will be responsible for building a robust portfolio of technology licensing and Transit-as-a-Service (Taas) partnerships with public transit agencies, municipalities, corporations, universities, and other transportation providers throughout Italy.
- Identify and develop high-value opportunities for licensing and deploying Via’s technology; develop the country-wide go-to-market strategy
- Set ambitious growth goals, then tirelessly work to exceed them
- Be the face of ViaVan in Italy; develop relationships with policy makers, key players, and local partners
- Manage complex customer relationships from inception through sale
- Ensure operational excellence, customer satisfaction, and an unbelievable product every day
- Utilize your deep understanding of the market to inform the development of Via's product
- Catalyze technological change in transportation by evangelizing Via’s vision; you’ll represent Via in a variety of public forums, large and small
- An independent self-starter: you thrive in fast-paced environments and feel comfortable with a very high level of responsibility
- An outstanding business development track record (5+ years), preferably in the SaaS, technology, or consulting fields
- A technophile who’s passionate about startups
- Detail-oriented and thorough; able to effectively juggle multiple tasks/projects at once in a highly fluid work environment
- Organized and independent; you’re both an individual contributor and a team player
- An extraordinary communicator and negotiator, you intuitively find the right tone in every situation
- Have extensive experience managing relationships across a broad spectrum of stakeholders
- A preternatural entrepreneur: you’re excited to build ViaVan’s business in Italy from the ground up and shape the strategic direction of our company
- A no-nonsense thinker: you have sound business sense and make data-driven decisions
- Have an exceptional academic record and prior employment experience; preferably have an MBA and/or an MA in Public Policy or a related field from a top-tier graduate program
- Fluency in English and Italian a must; additional EU language a plus
The Via-Daimler joint venture is an equal opportunity employer.