People Operations Associate
As a People Operations Associate, you will help to lay the groundwork for Via’s people strategy and programs. As a member of the People team, you will manage day-to-day people responsibilities while helping to grow key people functions.
- Provide day-to-day operational support to employees and managers with organizational and HR queries and issues
- Oversee and process visa needs and ensure we are compliant in all aspects of employment and immigration policies
- Maintain employee records in our PEO system and update payroll and benefit information as needed and when onboarding new hires
- Manage all compliance related activities including background checks, I9 verifications, workers’ compensation, and audits related to all statutory and legal requirements
- Support people projects related to onboarding, employee development, etc.
- Assist in facilitating the summer internship program and organizing events
- Manage and grow the employee experience at Via through developing wellness programs, social activities, etc.
- Ensure all people processes and programs developed are in alignment with the company’s core values and culture
- Stay current on emerging regulation and requirements and assess impact on company policies, procedures and employees
- Assist in reviewing people data to develop key metrics, measure employee engagement, and retention
- 2-5 years of experience in HR or people operations
- Interest in examining data and metrics to improve the organization
- Passionate about improving processes and developing innovative HR solutions
- Proven excellence in developing / revamping internal operations
- Experience in managing competing priorities within a HR / people ops team
- Mature, reliable, able to make independent decisions, and to juggle multiple tasks effectively
- Tech savvy, with a strong understanding of the landscape of HR products
- Bachelor’s Degree with a strong academic record.
Via offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.