Business Development Associate
As Business Development Associate, you’ll own the top of our deal funnel, generating new sales opportunities for our technology licensing team by identifying, contacting, and qualifying potential clients.
- Fill our deal funnel by proactively forging relationships with cities, public transit agencies, and transit contractors who could benefit from our powerful technology using a variety of resources, including curated email lists, LinkedIn, membership databases, and original research
- Identify and engage key decision-makers by customizing marketing templates and other forms of content
- Set up sales calls and meetings for Via’s senior team members
- Monitor Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and Requests for Information (RFIs) across multiple verticals for relevant opportunities
- Oversee conference activities, which includes leading pre-conference outreach campaigns, coordinating sales meetings between senior team members and potential clients, and managing special events with clients, like receptions and dinners
- Attend conferences as a Via ambassador
- Passionate about generating and vetting high-quality opportunities – you’re excited about our vision and eager to help evangelize it
- Persistent and resilient; you relish the challenge of taking commercial relationships from zero to one
- Your communication skills are simply outstanding (your professors and/or colleagues have told you so and maybe you’ve even won awards)
- Insatiably curious about technology and its impact on cities in general and transportation in particular
- Have at least two years of professional experience in business development, sales, or sales operations (or another relevant field) and hold a four-year university degree with a record of academic achievement, preferably from a top-tier institution
Via offers highly competitive compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, a flexible vacation policy, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.